Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Being Mommy, round 2


After months of anticipation, Niko is finally here! Once again, our lives have changed irrevocably. I had become accustomed to a life of working all day in the operating room getting patients safely off to sleep then returning home to enjoy my family and get Zach safely off to sleep. Suddenly, I've been thrust into full-time mommy-dom: breastfeed, change diaper, soothe baby, try to put baby down and grab some sleep, resoothe baby, breastfeed, change diaper, put baby down and spend some time with Zach, breastfeed, etc, etc. Time passes strangely. The only difference between day and night is Zach's exuberant presence. I'm not going to lie and say that I love every minute of being a mom. It's exhausting both physically and emotionally. But I wouldn't give up this time I have at home with Andrew, Zach, and Niko for anything in the world. It reminds me that my priorities are here with this amazingly beautiful family Andrew and I have made. It has shown me that I have more love in my heart than I thought possible. Watching Zach welcome his brother into our home with a 2 year-old's curiosity but a much older child's sense of love and tenderness has only made me love him more. Niko has opened a new part of my heart to love I didn't know was there. And my love for Andrew continues to grow every day as he shows me what an incredible father, husband, and man he is. I am the luckiest mommy in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment